Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Butterfly Princess Birthday Party!!

Happy Birthday to my little Princess. My little princess loves butterflies. Her bedroom is decorated in butterflies. She squeals with delight when she sees them fluttering by her. Because of this I thought it made complete sense to have a butterfly princess party for her. Afterall she is my princess.

This cute butterfly cake was so fun. After she blew out her candles she ate every single butterfly that was on this cake. It was completely destroyed, but hey that's what special birthday cakes are all about.

I decorated with lots of butterflies and fun festive girlie colors. I purchased the butterfly decorations from Michael's in the $1 section and made my sign with the help of my sister's Cricut.



This butterfly chandelier is one of my favorite Pinterest projects I have made to date. It turned out super cute and made a great decoration for the party when I hung it over the island in my kitchen. It is very feminine and whimsical. You can find detailed instructions on how to make it here.


A happy birthday girl makes it all worth it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this cake that you did. Someone is requesting one that is almost like this one but I cannot seem to find the flower mold. Did you use gum paste or fondant. It looks amazing!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.